KINITICS AUTOMATION PRODUCTS
The Kinitics Linear Actuator (KLA) and Kinitics Piston Pump (KPP) are Shape Memory Alloy-based actuators that use proprietary Bundled Wire technology to deliver high force/pressure and actuation speed in a small package. The Kinitics Linear Actuator can be easily configured to supply a pushing or pulling force, while the Kinitics Pump can act as a master cylinder or a reciprocating piston pump.
Using the Kinitics Controller, the Kinitics actuator products can be used in anything from the simplest to the most elaborate of control strategies. The Kinitics Controller interfaces with a standard PLC using discrete I/O and an analog 4-20ma input for complex control using a number of possible feedback strategies.
Why Choose Kinitics?
Kinitics Linear Actuators and Piston Pumps use Shape Memory Alloys and Kinitics’ proprietary Bundled Wire technology, and can fit in a variety of applications. The products offer a number of features and benefits that distinguish them from other types of actuators and pumps.
- Kinitics KLA Linear Actuators can deliver a precision stroke distance at a higher force than actuators of similar dimensions, yet they are competitively priced.
- The Kinitics Controller is reduced in cost and complexity and can be operated on a variety of power sources.
- The Kinitics Linear Actuators and Piston Pumps require considerably less infrastructure (such as that required by hydraulic or pneumatic systems) for operation compared to conventional actuators.
- The Kinitics Linear Actuators and Piston Pumps have only one moving part, for better reliability than many currently available solutions.
This chart compares the capabilities of Kinitics technology against other actuator technologies on the market.
This chart compares the features of Kinitics KLA Linear Actuators with other types of linear actuators, with the following characteristics:
- Position control: Can the end-effector hold position before the end of travel?
- Maintain peak force: Can the end-effector maintain peak force over time?
- Direct linear action: Is the source of force linear (i.e. non-rotary)?
- Bi-directional: Can the end-effector be driven backwards?
- Self-powered: Can the unit funtion without ancillary equipment suce as pumps, valves, etc.?
Shape memory alloy-based actuator delivers high force and actuation speed in a small package.
- High force-to-size ratio
- Force up to 2600 N
- Stroke up to 8 mm
- AC and DC power options
Shape memory alloy-based actuator with medium pressure and fast actuation in a small package.
- High pressure-to-size ratio
- Pressure up to 15 Bar
- Displacement up to 6.28 cc
- Flows up to 14 LPH
AC and DC controllers to interface Kinitics Force and Piston Pumps with standard PLC.
- Compact size, DIN rail mount
- 120 VAC, 12 and 24 VDC versions
- Discrete I/O and analog gain input for multiple control strategies